Whether we acknowledge it or not, sex is more than just a physical act. In today’s episode, Billy and Joy discuss nine intimacy principles that impact every relationship and then they tee up a list of questions that should open the flow of communication. Take a listen and, more importantly, have a chat!
Talk about this:
- What eternal factors seem to affect our sex life the most … (schedule, low energy, distractions are a few suggestions)? What are some ideas to manage them?
- What from our past (individually or together) seems to affects our sex life the most? What are ideas to deal with them in a healthy way?
- What impact does body image plays into our sex life?
- With 10 being “best ever” and 1 being “very poor,” how would you rate our communication about the feelings / thoughts regarding our sex life? What are some ways that we can communicate better?
- What are some things you enjoy most about our sex life? What could I do to help you enjoy it more?
- Is there something you desire sexually that I can help fulfill?
- Are there moments you are uncomfortable sexually? If so, what can I do to help?
- What boundaries do we or should we have in place to protect our intimacy?
- What role do you think that our natural wirings (either as male, female, or simply individuals) play into our sexual desires or habits?
- How well does our sex life fit into your expectations? Are there things we need to do differently to better manage our expectations? If so, what are they?
We are on Facebook! If you like the page you’ll receive more consistent updates and be able to share episodes with others. Connect with us @BetweenParentsPodcast
Have you left a review on Apple Podcasts (formerly know as iTunes)? This is SUPER helpful in helping others find our show. Along with Apple Podcasts, Overcast, and Stitcher, Between Parents is now on TuneIn (the fun way to listen if you are using Amazon’s Alexa). You can chat back with us on Twitter @between_parents or on Instagram @betweenparents
Thanks for listening and sharing this podcast with your friends!