When parents discuss technology, they frequently have negative opinions.
Finding the threats to safety, attitudes, and relationships is an easy exercise, but what about the good? Are we worried about something innocuous? Or is technology going to ruin our families?
After you listen to this episode, have a candid discussion to assess if you’re overly concerned OR if you need to pay closer attention to what’s happening with these devices.
TALK ABOUT THIS:
- Which POSITIVE benefits of technology have you seen in your home?
- Consider the positive impact of time management, improved efficiency, and better connections.
- Which NEGATIVE repercussions have you felt in your home?
- Consider the negative impact of time management, improved efficiency, and better connections.
- If you have teenagers, ask THEM these questions, too! What did you learn?
- What factor does FEAR play in your approach to giving your kids digital opportunities?
- What adjustments should we make to our thinking?
BOOK: The Tech Wise Family: Everyday Steps for Putting Technology in Its Proper Place.
by Andy Crouch