Remember life before smartphones? Do you ever wish we could go back to those days?
Chances are your kids won’t ever distinguish between being on or off line because life will simply be online all the time. So since our digital devices are here to stay, how do we manage the impact on our lives? How do we navigate the tension when our kids seem obsessed with screens and parents might be a wee bit addicted too?
Listen to episode one then have a candid conversation about managing the tension tech brings.
TALK ABOUT THIS:
- How addicted are you to your devices? Do you struggle with feeling like a hypocrite?
- Where do you fall on the technology pendulum? Are you more likely to see devices as a non-issue or are you hyper-concerned? Does it vary? why?
- What are you emotions when it comes to parenting around technology?
- In what ways do you relate to the idea of being a “digital immigrant?” Are you reluctant to jump into the new culture? How are you resistant to embracing the new motherland?
- How do you see your kids being “digital natives?” Are any of their natural adaptations intimidating to you?
- How can you connect with your kids THIS WEEK to understand more of their world? What specific app/game/YouTube star are you willing to have them teach you on?
BOOK: Right Click: Parenting Your Teenager In A Digital Media World
by Dr. Kara Powell, Art Bamford, Brad M Griffin